Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the bird that left.....

Well, following up with the post before this one, we have had more rain than I can remember in the grand ol' state, and our little bird went packing.


Um, little bird, next time, maybe don't make you nest in the rain gutter?


With all of the rain, she was freezing cold and left her two little eggs to fend for themselves. So, yes, my horrified children are watching the eggs do "nothing" in the nest, praying that the mommy bird comes back. She's not coming back. She gave up. Made me think of the familiar Dr. Suess book..."Horton Hatches the Egg"......doesn't it remind have a familiar feel? "I sat and I sat and I sat....."


Here I am thinking that my kids are going to have this nice springtime surprise, they even prayed that the bird would make it through the freezing cold rain. (Gasp!) But alas.....


I am the poster child for "when you don't get the answer to prayers that you are looking for...." I mean, the story in the children's Friend magazine would have had a happy ending. Beautiful new little baby birds....a mommy bird that made it thru the storm....


WHERE IS MY HAPPY ENDING? Anyone?

Well, I can't end this post on a completely depressing note, so let's cheer up with a cute idea I found on one of my favorite blogs......check out these darling cupcake toppers that you can make! The possibilities are endless! Click HERE



Happier posts to follow....

1 comment:

Joy said...

That makes me so sad. If I had been there, you know you would have seen me bawling my eyes out each day, hoping for mama bird to come back. That totally sucks!