Monday, March 22, 2010

yummy soup for a cool Spring night.....

Now that I have started running outside again, I work up QUITE the appetite. I mean, I cannot stop eating! Or thinking about food! Do you love the Pasta Fagiole soup at the Olive Garden? Well, here is the recipe, and it's to die for. Try some yummy soft rustic bread with it, and you've got a really great meal....


Olive Garden Pasta Fagiole


1 lb. ground beef

1 C. diced onion

1 C. julienned carrot (you can buy this in bags)

1 C. diced celery

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 (14.5) oz. can diced tomotoes (I actually love the big stewed tomatoes)

1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, undrained

1 15 oz. can great northern beans, undrained

1 15 oz. can tomato juice

1 12 oz. can v-8 juice

1 T Worcestershire Sauce

2 C. water

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. oregano

1 tsp. basil

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. thyme

a dash of tabasco or cayenne pepper

1/4 lb. Ditali Pasta


Brown the ground beef in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Drain off fat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta. Simmer for 1 hour. About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook pasta to al dente in another pot. Drain, add pasta to soup. Simmer. Serves 8-10


Yuuuuummmmmmmmm! I mean it, yum. Maybe my next post won't revolve around food....maybe it will revolve around my sweet Damon who is making his return this week on Thursday night on Vampire Diaries! Hmmmmm...........anyone else love that show as much as I do? Is it creepy that I am thinking about my favorite soup and favorite vampire at the same time? Forget about Edward....I am Team Damon for sure.


cocky much???

3 comments:

Joy said...

"Very Much."

I cannot WAIT! Eeeeeee!!!!!

Blanck said...

Okay I am doing that TONIGHT! I loves me the Olive Garden Soups. Can you get the minestrone recipe?

Tricia said...

Yum! Can't wait to try this one!