Monday, December 13, 2010

to gift, or not to gift?

Teacher gifts........ hmmmmm.......

I have to say, I'm not too creative in this department. I've had this conversation recently with my girlfriends...."what do you give a teacher for Christmas?" Do you give something he/she can use in the classroom? Do you give something they have to haul home with 100 other presents? Or do you give something easily consumed in the day? Like a baked goody? Or maybe a gift card to be used on whatever their heart desires? OR do you just stick with a homemade card from your child?

I have to say, when school let out for the summer last year, we gave each teacher a personalized notebook, stationary, notepad, etc....and they raved about them. It's something with their name on it that they can use in the classroom to send notes home or write reminders to students. Etsy.com is FULL of these cute custom notepads. I got mine from the sweetlifepaper shop on etsy, you should browse the cool ideas!



This year we did your basic anti-bac soap and hand sanitizer in holiday scents from good ol' Bath and Body Works.....but I think there are better ideas out there, and I want you to share them with me!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Absolutely adorable! I am definitely going to do the stationary for the girl's teachers this year. As for Christmas gifts...um, yeah, still haven't done that....

the princess said...

you don't know me ... but i know joy! *lol* anyhow, i did personalized clipboards for each teacher. it sounds so much harder than it is. the part that took the longest was the cutting out of the paper. then modge-podge away. so easy and so appreciated!

The Peach.... said...

I have a friend who taught me how to do those clipboards and they are adorable! And so personal!