Wednesday, June 23, 2010

pass the kleenex....

I'm not a huge lover of sequels, but can I tell you that our family has been anticipating the release of Toy Story 3 for a year! Even my 2 year old couldn't wait! And let me tell you, it was worth it. Every last tear shed. Every last piece of buttery popcorn consumed. Every last piece of my heart broken.

Yep, I bawled like a baby. Like, four times, to be exact. This film pulled at my heart strings...well, every mother's heart strings. If you have a child that is going to grow up, outgrow his/her childhood, move away from home, etc. etc.....bring the kleenex. I held my 2 year old son and cried like a baby into his hair. I was a mess. And later on that night, I got a glimpse of his "Toy Story" sippy cup and started crying all over again. Even the "Toy Story" potty seat cover brings me to tears. Somebody hold me!

This movie isn't lacking in humor either. Just wait until you see Buzz get switched to "Spanish mode".....and start dancing the Samba, or whatever that was. I was dying. The whole theater was laughing. And another notable part? Mr. PotatoHead turns into Mr. Tortilla. Wow. Genius.

An absolutely fabulous part of this movie was the addition of Ken. The Dreamhouse and his wardrobe is hysterical. The fashion show with Barbie is so so funny. You will die laughing during the "groovin' "......... and what a MAN Ken is.....
A moving part for me? Without spoiling the movie......when the toys think that their time is "up"...and they look at eachother and reach for everyone's hands. Yep, of course I started bawling. And when Andy plays with his toys for the last time, I think even my eight year old got a tear in his eye. Why do our kids have to grow up? WHY!

As my sister would say, if you don't cry in this movie, you are emotionally dead inside. This ranks right up there with The Notebook on my cry list.....

Maybe I'm still recovering from the Jake/Vienna breakup.....

4 comments:

Annie G. said...

I am dying to see it! Looks like our weekend MUST include this movie! It won't be pretty, though, with all these extra hormones raging. They may have to carry me out on a stretcher!

Joy said...

Well, if you cried, you know I will be a puddle on the floor. I might need to redbox this one so I can bawl in the privacy of my own home. Honestly, just reading your description of what happens made tears spring into my eyes. Yikes!

Alicia Phillips said...

Ditto I cried when Andy started packing and then at the end I was a wreck. I was holding K and also crying into his hair. I am complete denial that they will ever grow up! Oh and the little girl couldnt have been any cuter in that movie. No worries Ad you are not alone!

Candi said...

Oh goodness...I almost started crying all over again just reading this!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried like a baby during the movie. And I'm thinking they left room for yet another sequel/series??