Thursday, February 11, 2010

my little pots.....

You know how when you look forever and ever for a "certain something" to fill a "certain space" in your home....but you just can't find the perfect thing? When we built our home, I wanted plenty of windows in my kitchen, because I don't think you can ever have enough natural light in a kitchen....so I put a few smaller windows in between my cabinets and they have the cutest little windowsills.....but I've been looking for a long time for something to set on the windowsills that wouldn't fall off....they are quite narrow.

And yippee! I found the perfect little pots at TJ Maxx (yeah, TJ Maxx! You're the best!)
They fit perfectly on the windowsill and aren't too big. And I can change what's in them often. They are so versatile, this is what they looked like during the holidays....



There is a darling little gift shop outside of our City Library in the main public area, and each week after storytime, I drag the kids inside to peruse the unique gifts, flowers and finds. Today, we found these cute little ivy plants and I am going to attempt to care for them in my little pots.

Aren't they cute? Did I mention they only ran me $3.99 a piece? Even better!

Now I can check one thing off of my mile long list of "certain somethings"...... next on my list? A picture collage in my front hallway. Yes, time to hang some pictures!

4 comments:

Annie G. said...

what is that little gift shop called?...super cute! I think I need to visit it!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Very cute pots! I love TJ Maxx!! Love all the great finds and bargains you can find there if you look hard enough. :)
Love this blog...so fun to read!
(Sorry...deleted my last comment???)
We ever going to have lunch??

Joy said...

Darling! I love your cute Vday accents, too. I can't wait to see what you do for the next holiday (St Pattys?) xoxo Miss you tons.