Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our crafty day....

There is a great blog with lots of project ideas called Little Birdie Secrets....click here

We really needed a project this weekend (being stuck inside while your soul is being sucked out by the inversion?...you know what I'm talking about...) So little girl and I made a trip to the "craft" store last night, and BOY WAS IT FUN! We stayed there for two hours, dreaming of all the things we could create together! The possibilites are endless...

Now, I am NOT a seamstress (even though I have a brand new, still-in-the-box, sewing machine given to me by my sweet mom)...pause.......so I needed to find something we could do that didn't involve threading a machine.

Four hours later, we created THIS little lover....


Fun, right? My first homemade wreath....I told little S that someday she could have this when she has her own family. She's excited about that. And we have more projects on our list that involve love-bird fabric and cute little pom poms...stay tuned!

5 comments:

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Lovely! How fun. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Salisbury Family said...

I love love love it...and their website is sooooo cool!

Thanks for the tip!

Joy said...

Hmmm...I really thought I commented but somehow I didn't. I LOVE this project, it is the cutest thing ever!!!

jen hulet said...

What a darling idea....and so easy too. This is definately a must do!! Thanks for posting:)!

Annie G. said...

You have inspired me! I am trying this one tonight! Hopefully it turns out as cute as yours!!!!